Recently, we highlighted the new(ish) Aussie gaming podcast Game Taco.
Episode 5 of Game Taco is a roundup of Australian indie gaming writers into two parts:
Wait a minute, that’s me!
So here’s a chance to hear one of Australia’s greatest new game writers chat about all sorts of interesting gaming topics.
(Oh, and DexX talks to me, too.)
But please be warned, there were (quoting from Tim of Game Taco) “technical issues when attempting to edit the interview and unfortunately I had to include it raw.”
- Me sounding ‘rambling’ = lack of audio editing.
- Me sounding ‘interesting’ = natural ability.
Topics that DexX & I cover in the (1hr+) interview include…
- Does ‘coinop‘ have a future?
- The rise and fall of arcades
- Pinball 2000, and the Williams company bowing out of pinball
- Gabe’s habit of buying the wrong 80’s computer
- The good & bad of 80s/90s coinop conversions
- The first (great) retro remake I ever played
- Jet Set Willy Online
- Smila & Stu’s free indy Gameroom
- Game Maker
- Operation Block
- Why JOMG was set up
- FPS Games
- The Black Mesa mod
- Retro Gamer magazine
- The arcade cabinets in Gabe’s garage
- The future of (paid) gaming journalism
Oh, and of course, immediately after the interview, I remembered something I omitted. I stupidly forgot to mention Jason Hill’s encouragement & support of Just One More Game from the very beginning. Thanks Jason – you rock.
PS: GameTaco contains occasional explicit language.