It’s been 10 years since the fantastic FPS/RPS/Conspiracy thriller Deus Ex was released on PC.
Actually, having a look at that Steam page made me notice something I hadn’t seen before.
Have a look at the pic below.
Look at the cover art…
Critically acclaimed original:
- Main character – Looking up, in an inspired manner.
- Style – Unique. Not easily confused with any other game.
- Logo – Emphasises the game’s name rather than a subheading.
Disappointingly compromised sequel:
- Main character – Aiming a gun ‘sideways’ at you in a generic ‘gangsta’ manner.
- Style – Meh. Reminds me a lot of the cover for Ritual’s Sin.
- Logo – Emphasises the game’s subheading rather than the name.
All the people who didn’t like ‘Invisible War’ – should have paid more attention to the box!
Hmm, what do you think…?
Will Deus Ex 3‘s box art be closer to the original style… or the sequel?
Should I be worried that it’s been renamed to an awful Name:Subheading model, instead of DX3?